Summer is the perfect time to enjoy a refreshing smoothie with fresh fruit and yogurt. Strawberry Yogurt Soup is like a dressed up smoothie served in a bowl. It’s simple enough for a quick snack, yet fancies up for a ladies tea. You’ll want to double the recipe and be glad you did!
Strawberries are a delicious fruit. They’re full of antioxidants, have anti-inflammatory properties, and make lovely garnishes. It’s a plus that they are available year round.
Strawberry soup has been a go to menu item for various tea parties and lunches I’ve hosted for my piano students, garden club ladies, and friends. It’s quick, healthy, colorful, garnishes easily, and is pink!
There are many options and endless variations to a cold fruit soup. You’ll find it on the menu on cruise ships and fancy restaurants. This recipe takes about 15 minutes. It is sure to be a hit at your summer event! I’m sharing some fun photographs of guests who have sampled this summery soup.
Strawberry Yogurt Soup is a fancy way to enjoy eating a smoothie with a spoon.
- 2 cups plain yogurt or Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup orange juice (squeezed fresh preferably)
- 8 cups fresh strawberries
- 1/2 cup sugar
- fresh mint for garnish (optional)
- extra yogurt or whipping cream for garnish (optional)
- Hull strawberries and process in blender with sugar, orange juice and yogurt until blended. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Garnish with yogurt or whipping cream and mint leaves if desired.
- Yield: 6 servings
Strawberry Yogurt Soup on our menu to give you ideas on how to enjoy it!
Don’t you love a good reason to get together with friends and celebrate with fun foods? My philosophy is if you have pretty dishes then use them! Plan a special event and make use of the things that you collect. Enjoy the fellowship of people that you love. Make an opportunity to serve others and give them a blessing! For more ideas on fun foods for teas and special events visit my Pinterest boards.